Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sequel Confirmed for Bigfoot: The Lost Coast Tapes

Sequel Already confirmed

Website ShockTillYouDrop.Com recently sat down with Bigfoot: The Lost Coast Tapes Director Corey Grant. We pulled out the best quotes. Click the following link for our previous coverage of Bigfoot : The Lost Coast Tapes

Bigfoot: The Lost Coast Tapes picks up after a "Bigfoot Hunter" claims to possess the body of a dead Sasquatch.  A disgraced investigative journalist stakes his comeback - and the lives of his documentary film crew - on proving the find to be a hoax.

Shock Till You Drop:  Let's talk Bigfoot.  Growing up, where did you fascination with this creature begin?

Corey Grant:  Six Million Dollar Man.  [laughs]  Very serious.  That was the first time I ever knew about Bigfoot.

Shock:  Nice!  Okay, so where did The Lost Coast Tapes come from for you...beyond your passion for the Six Million Dollar Man?

Grant:  Well, I'm a big fan of Bigfoot.  Anything supernatural, I would watch and research.  Then, two friends Bryan O'Cain and Brian Kelsey, who wrote the script, Kelsey grew up where a lot of Bigfoot sightings occurred.  His family owns this cabin deep in the woods and he said, as a little kid, he would remember Bigfoot footprints he would take pictures of.  So, he came up with a treatment for the script.  And we thought about doing a good story that stayed true to the actual story and that it would be a no-brainer.  It just snowballed into getting the movie made.

Shock:  Did you determine early on that it would be a found footage film?

Grant:  I'm more of a traditional filmmaker and the only found footage films I had seen were The Blair Witch Project and Cloverfield.  I wasn't so much a fan of found footage until last year.  We went back and forth with the script on this - going between traditional narrative and found footage, but we wound up making it a part of the script.  We then did traditional and found footage, but wound up cutting out all of the traditional stuff because it just didn't work.  With the found footage, it had to be very well choreographed.  It looks random, but the shots we had were very well crafted to get the compositions that I wanted.

And finally the answer we were hoping for.

Shock:  Are you considering a sequel?
Grant:  It was set up that way, but it's definitely going to happen.  The thing is whether we do something traditional or more found footage.  The thing is, I didn't know there were that many found footage films coming out now and that there was a stigma coming with it.  Now I have to fight around it and that's a bummer.  It's going to happen, we're just not sure what style it will be yet.
You can read the entire interview at Shock Interview: Director Corey Grant of Bigfoot: The Lost Coast Tapes
Click the following link for our previous coverage of Bigfoot : The Lost Coast Tapes
Bigfoot: The Lost Coast Tapes premiered to limited venues this weekend find you local showing at Fandango.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this great interview. I guess I should actually see the first film before I decide whether or not a sequel is a good thing. I have a little contest with a few of my fellow horror loving coworkers at DISH. Each week we try to find the worst/best B Movies out there, and then we watch them in a big marathon on Saturdays. I saw that The Lost Coast Tapes was available, and I think it will be a winner. I just added it to the top of my DISH Blockbuster @Home rental queue, and I should have it just in time for movie night. If it is as bad as I think it will be, not only will I have a winner, but I can look forward to a winner with the sequel too.

    ReplyDelete

Let's keep the language clean, keep in mind we have younger fans and we want to make this the best bigfoot website for bigfoot news and bigfoot research.

Please read our terms of use policy.