Saturday, January 2, 2010

Olympic Torch to be Passed in Front of Bigfoot

According to a CNN iReport this is the Bigfoot statue that will witness the passing of the torch for the 2010 Winter Olympics being held in Canada.



This is Bigfoot's contribution to the Olympic torch run, and the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics. Bigfoot is located on the Trans Canada Highway in Vermilion Bay, Ontario (between Kenora and Dryden). He is anxiously awaiting to see the Olympic Torch pass in front of him sometime in early January.
Happy holidays, The Langs


You can go to the original iReport here.

We decided we needed to know more about this statue so we did some research.

Date Built: Late 1950's or early 1960's. Moved to present location in 1982.
Height: 18 Feet (5.5 Metres)
Weight: 3,800 pounds.
Made of: Cement and iron
Located: Trans Canada Highway, in front of a gas station.

Background: As far as the current owners are aware, the statue was made by a man who visited the area. It took him an entire summer to make it.

Surprisingly, even though it is pretty heavy, this monument seems to move around a bit. It was located in the nearby community of Waldhof until 1982, when it was purchased by Liz and Max Lang to place in front of their gas station.

There is a speaker inside the figure with a microphone at the garage so that "Big Foot" can occasionaly talk to people who stop and take their picture in front of it.

Info Source: Liz and Max Lang, Sharon Winzoski Jewett and Canada's Gigantic! by Henri Robideau






5 comments:

  1. I am the grandson of Max and Liz Lang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zachary! Have you ever used the microphone in the garage to talk through the Bigfoot speaker? Thanks for visiting us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, the microphone is no longer hooked up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zachary,
    My name is Angel Hester Adams.I have known your grandparents sence I was a little girl.My dad ( Steve Hester ) was a good friend to Max and Liz.They would come stay with us every year in Ellijay Georgia.We would go stay with them at there house in Florida every year.I have not heard nothing from them sence my dad passed away 7 years ago.I was telling my girls about Big Foot and I thought I would look it up just to see if I could find anything..Well I did.When I was little I had many shirts with him on them.My dad went to Canada when I was little.I hope Max and Liz are doing well.Will you please tell them Angel(Steve Hester's daughter)say's Hello and I miss them...

    ReplyDelete

Let's keep the language clean, keep in mind we have younger fans and we want to make this the best bigfoot website for bigfoot news and bigfoot research.

Please read our terms of use policy.