Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bigfoot County's Walter Higgins Revealed

We may not know who Walter Higgins is, but we know who registered his Domain Name

A movie previously titled Siskiyou County, later changed to Bigfoot County has been described by Variety.com as "Deliverance" plus "Blair Witch" meets Bigfoot. 

In the same Variety.com article, director/writer Stephon Stewart is quoted as saying, "I went up to shoot a movie on Bigfoot, then a local I met with presented me with evidence that blew my mind. After seeing this film, you will begin to believe what many have doubted since the 1967 Patterson/Gimlin Bigfoot Footage was released." 

Notice in Stewart's quote he refers to a local. Could that be Walter Higgins? We got in touch with Walter and asked him a few questions.

BLC: How did you initially get in touch with the man from LA that stole the video from you?
HIGGINS: He found me through contacts he had while coming out to Sisikiyou County to do a small project on Bigfoot.
BLC: Can you name the person who you talked to?
HIGGINS:Stephon Stewart.  At least that is the name he told me.  Though there is evidence to believe he may be impersonating someone.  
BLC:Is there a Bigfoot in your found footage? Is there a way you can share a screenshot of the bigfoot with us.
HIGGINS: Yes.  That will be forthcoming.  Based on how Lionsgate reacts.  I am givng them until Wednesday before I release more footage.
BLC:Can you give the latitude and longitude of where you found the video?
HIGGINS: I did not track this.  If I go back out there again, I will see if I can track this.
BLC: How much footage is there? Minutes, hours?HIGGINS:over 10 hours.
BLC:Is there anything you want to say to the Bigfoot community about your footage?
HIGGINS: I want to say that, I am still very very upset about this matter.  I am a man of God, of trust, and, trusting others has gotten me into too much damn trouble in my life.  This Stephon character told me he was going to use the footage for a small short type bigfoot doc, then, he pieced together what I had, which had moments of people being attacked by bigfoot and and other aspects I will hold back from stating until I hear back from Lionsgate one way or another, then it seems he has cashed in on an upcoming feature after he tricked me into signing paperwork that he states clears him to use the footage.  This Stephon character is a fucking asshole.  Sorry.  Just really pissed off right now.  If anyone out there knows how to get in contact with him via email or phone, please do so,  He has been changing his email/phone around, avoiding me.
Though I know where he works.  I think I'm going to make a trip out to visit him. 
BLC:Thank you for your time. 
HIGGINS: ok, thank you.  God bless. 
You can watch Walter Higgins' rant in the video at the very bottom of this post. There is only one concern we have with Walter's latest video. The last 10 seconds reveals a domain name BelieveBigfoot.com if you type it in your browser it quickly forwards to WalterHigginsBigfoot.com. Who registered that first domain name that flashes only for a second? Non other than Stephon Stewart. See the Domain registration information below provided by Go-Daddy.

We sent an email to Stephon for comment, but did not recieve a reply at the time of this post
Registrant:
Stephon Stewart
Studio, California 91604
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: BELIEVEBIGFOOT.COM
Created on: 01-Jun-12
Expires on: 01-Jun-13
Last Updated on: 01-Jun-12

Administrative Contact:
Stewart, Stephon stephonxxx@xxxx.com
Studio, California 91604





11 comments:

  1. yup and originally they had walterhigginsbigfoot.com which was registered by an actor named Chris Elliot... does this guy look familiar???
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4160414735929&set=a.3567348989656.154817.1450863246&type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I tried to contact both Stephon and Chris. Neither of them replied. The only one who answered an email was "Walter Higgins". LOL!

      Delete
  2. The whole thing is a viral marketing scam. Stephon contacted me a couple of years ago now, it seems. He claimed he was an Anthology student working on an MA thesis. He lied to me and everyone out here in the Willow Creek-Happy Camp area to make this film, including witnesses and old Al Hodgson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those who lie to real people to get them to appear in a fictional horror movie should expect a full-scale boycott from the Bigfooting community. That is what I hereby call for from all of you out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOYCOTT THIS GARBAGE............ANOTHER BAD HORROR FILM

    ReplyDelete
  5. More shenanigans... Stephon has altered the ownership information for his domain name to:

    Registrant:
    Domains By Proxy, LLC

    Administrative Contact:
    Private, Registration BELIEVEBIGFOOT.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains By Proxy, LLC
    DomainsByProxy.com
    14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    United States
    (480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least he reads www.BigfootLunchClub.com. I have screenshots of the original information stored. For both WalterHiggins.com and BelieveBigfoot.com. In case we need to contact Stephon or "Walter."

      Delete
  6. Higgins: " I am a man of God...This Stephon character is a fucking asshole."

    Hmmm,yeah I'm convinced.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey man of god ,turn the other cheek. because this guy stephon just bitch slapped you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I also think the whole thing is a viral marketing scam. I’ve seen materials like these in an seo book .

    ReplyDelete

Let's keep the language clean, keep in mind we have younger fans and we want to make this the best bigfoot website for bigfoot news and bigfoot research.

Please read our terms of use policy.